Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Lazy Sunday

It was well into the afternoon and I must say, I was tired. It was one of those lazy Sunday afternoons. Irene Metcalf and myself had decided that we would just lay out by the pool and soak in the sweet summer sunshine... that is, until Jeffrey Adams decided to grace us with his presence.
Jeffrey had to be the hottest guy in the tenth grade, and he was at my house, standing by my pool. How cool.
But this day, Jeffrey wasn't alone. He had brought his kid brother Jason with him. Why? We would never know.
Irene was my best friend. The two of us had been through everything together. We got our periods together. Got out our ears pierced together. Heck, we even got our first kisses together.
Irene had a mad crush on Jeffrey and everybody in the school knew it.
Everybody knew this, except for Jeffrey. To him, Irene was just a cool girl that he had the honor of knowing.
That too would change soon.
"Hey Jeff, want some lemonade?" I asked, lowering my sunglasses so that he could see my bright blue eyes.
Jeff nodded. "That'd be cool," he said as he took a seat in a patio chair next to Irene.
I saw her face go red all over.
I told them I'd be back, then headed into the house to get the lemonade.
What I saw standing in the kitchen made me nearly drop the glass.

***Just felt like writing today. Hope you like it. I will add more as I get time.****
Until next time,
~Shay~~

No comments:

Post a Comment