Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's Alive

It's official! My book is now available online! I am so so excited about this and looking forward to this journey.

On another note: I am starting to work on the first book in my mystery series. I'm not letting that cat out of the bag until it's getting close to time to publish. (Don't want to be sharing the title with too many folks;)

Anywhoo, got tons of work to do.

Today I learned that it is virtually impossible not to share your book title with another author in some way, shape or form. You can research until you are blue in the face and someone else can still come out with a title that either exactly matches yours or comes pretty darn close. Sigh.

I am still happy though. My hat's off to authors and those that aspire to be. It takes a lot of work to write and publish a book. I mean, I had no idea about how to format a book, and hire an editor, and a proofreader, or get a cover designed. I thought you just came up with a name, wrote a book, uploaded it, and poof--like magic you became an author. Not so.

The book has to have a certain format. The cover has to be a certain size or the photos will look blurry. Whew! I am sweating again just thinking about all that work.

And the crazy part: now that I have one book under my belt, I am so anxious to write more;)

I hear an evil laugh building up inside of me.

I guess that's all for today. I will probably be up until the wee hours of the morning pounding away at yet another story.

It feels great to be an author.

~Shay~~

To get 'Twisted Rage' on your Nook right now click here:
To get 'Twisted Rage' on your Kindle right now, click here
Shay Collins's Smashwords Author Profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/authorshay
Book page to sample or purchase Twisted Rage: http://smashwords.com/b/62196

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so glad it's on Kindle! I JUST ordered it from Amazon! Can't wait to start reading it! Great post!

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete